The “non-registry” wedding gifts that Jeremy and I received were perhaps some of our favorites. We loved the thought and intention that went into some of the gifts we received that invested in our marriage, not just our kitchen and bedroom. For example, someone gave us a “date night basket” which included movie tickets, wine, games, treats, and more. We loved that this gift gave us the gift of quality time with each other. Similarly, we got a two person sleeping bag which made it some much easier to cuddle on those chilly camping nights.
All those pretty serving dishes and cozy throw blankets are fun to get, but here are some ideas for meaningful wedding gifts to give this summer!
- Airbnb gift card – We seriously would have registered for these if we could have… We love Airbnb. Gift the newlywed couple a weekend away or an overnighter! You will be giving them quality time, memories, and adventure together!
- A Polaroid or film camera – Our favorite film camera is this one, and we have two very old polaroids that were our grandparent. We always make sure to buy a new roll of film and pack one of these cameras when we go on trips – and every year on Christmas, each other’s birthdays, and our anniversary. Not only is it fun to have the physical photos, but this also keeps us from being on our phones constantly taking photos. There is something beautiful about taking film or Polaroid photos that you can’t “check” or post right away:) Here’s a fun Polaroid Camera!
- Heart Map – This doesn’t pertain to Jeremy and I, as we are both Oregonians, but for couples who are from different states this would be such a fun and thoughtful artifact to hang in their new home! Here’s and cute one I found on Etsy.
- Sign them up for a cooking or dance class – Research local cooking classes or dance classes (swing, salsa, ballroom) in their area and buy them a class or two. Such a fun date idea to gift young couples!
- Artifact Uprising gift card – Jeremy and I made a photo album of all our favorite wedding photos using Artifact Uprising. We love giving gift cards to our friends to make their own wedding photo book too! Of all the photo books out there, Artifact Uprising definitely has the best quality.
- Travel basket for their honeymoon – Depending on if the couple is going somewhere wintery or tropical, give them a basket full of honeymoon necessities! Ideas to include: your favorite books, matching/personalized toiletry bags, customized passport booklets, perfume/cologne (for them to associate that smell with their honeymoon forever), condoms, disposable or waterproof camera, GoPro etc.
- Date night basket – A basket fully stocked for the perfect date! Some ideas: a game, cards, a candle, movie or movie tickets, picnic basket, bottle of wine, popcorn, massage oil, something to bake or an ice cream gift card!
- One month of fittness membership (i.e. rock climbing, CrossFit, SoulCycle) – Give them the opportunity to try out a new fitness class together!
- Wine Club or Blue Bottle Coffee Subscription for a year – Coffee or wine dates for a year (depending on which their prefer/their work schedules)
- Datebox subscription for a 6-months – We love getting our Dateboxes! It’s essentially a box with a surprise date inside and all the instructions/materials you need to spend some quality time with your spouse:) Check em out >>here<< and use our discount code ROLOFF6 for one month of a 6-month package FREE!
- A Double Sleeping Bag or Hammock – Possibly our favorite wedding gift was our double sleeping bag. Makes camping so much more cozy and cuddly:)
- A bundle of books that will be life-giving to their marriage: A Severe Mercy, The Meaning of Marriage, Loveology, Power of a Praying Wife/Husband, and 31 Prayers for my Husband/Wife.
- Navigator’s Council Journal – THE BEST WEDDING GIFT EVER!!! Of course, we are biased… but seriously… This journal will invest in their marriage for decades! Read some of the reviews from couples around the world who have been using this journal for just a few months (since we launched it in December) and can already testify to the incredible benefits of Navigator’s Council in their marriage!
No Fields Found.