It’s the little things that count. And sometimes, those little things become the big things. A text is such a simple, easy little thing, and yet it can go a longggg way. With our phones, we have the power to inspire, encourage, romance, and love our spouse at any moment of any day! You might not have the time to plan some big elaborate date night, or maybe you don’t have the money to buy them that gift, but you probably have the ability to send them a text message to turn their day around.
During our first year of marriage, my job required me to wake up at 2:30 a.m. and commute from West Hollywood (where we lived) to Pasadena (where I worked), and then work until 1:00 p.m. in the afternoon. I worked in sales for a wine distributor, so I managed a bunch of accounts in the Pasadena area. My days consisted of physically demanding work, grumpy people that work night-shift, cut-throat competition, and getting told “no” all day long…
I’m sure many of you can relate to having worked a job like this at some point… the kind of job that seems relentlessly discouraging, and just plain sucks you dry. Anyone?
I tell you all of this, to preface the point of this post…
Every morning (the average human’s morning, haha) I would feel my phone buzz in my work slacks at around 9 a.m. (when I was about half way done with my work day…) and it would be a text from Jeremy. Most of the time, he would send me an encouraging sentence, or even just a few words. His daily texts gave me the motivation to keep on going, to stay confident, to know that I am loved, and to be thankful. And more than that, his messages made me excited to be home with him every night.
On the weekends, when Jeremy was away working on a photo shoot or filming a wedding, I would return the favor. I would send him texts that encouraged him, built up his confidence, and reiterated my love.
If you have a spouse that travels a lot for work, or you work different shifts and hardly see each other, this post is definitely for you!
We wanted to offer up some ideas for how you can flirt, romance, encourage, and love your spouse while you are away from one another during the day (or a few days for work).
Turning your spouse’s day around might be as simple as a text message!
30 Love Texts To Send Your Husband
- I am so proud of you babe, and I am proud to call you my husband.
- I was just listening to ____ song and it reminded me of when ______.
- Sleeping next to you always brings me peace and waking up next to you brings me joy, I can’t wait to do again tonight and tomorrow.
- I love you and I love who you are, and who you are becoming.
- I have a surprise for you when you get home (insert instructors to receive surprise)!
- Let’s “go to bed” early tonight;)
- Can we reenact that one night when ______(describe really romantic night) tonight?!
- Sitting here wishing I could kiss you right now.
- Did you know that you have the most handsome ______?
- Hey babe, when you get home meet me in the shower;)
- Send them an emoji (predetermine an emoji that represents being turned on)
- Send an old photo of the two of you and write out why you love what the photo represents.
- You look goooood babe. (If your both in the same room at a party/event)
- Hey husband, I think you are sexy. Can we hang out tonight?
- When you get home, I want to give you a massage.
- Let’s go do something we’ve never done before tonight!
- I made you your favorite meal, got your favorite dessert, and your favorite beer/wine. (send a photo)
- You smell so good…. I wish I could smell you right now.
- I got some new “pajamas” I want you to come see them;)
- I believe in you babe. You are going to do great things!
- Write your 3 sentence love story, and send it to them. Followed by, “We have a great love story.”
- Send them a list of 10 things you love about them, specific to this week.
- Post a photo on social media telling people why you love your spouse (send them a screenshot).
- Send them their favorite verse or a verse that you know would encourage them.
- Download the “GIF” app on your phone, and search “flirt” then send them one of the GIF’s that will make them laugh (guys are obsessed with these things)
- Send them a section of your wedding vows.
- Explain why they are gonna kick ass today!
- Quote a line from their favorite movie, but with your own creative spin.
- Send them a prayer in an audio message.
- Send them an encouraging quote.
There you go!
These are supposed to get your creative juices flowing. Take them, use them, change them, do whatever you want with them. Make them your own.
If you have some more ideas for the community, share them in the comments!
– Audrey Roloff
Read a similar posts here: