Beating50Percent is officially one-year-old!!! We launched this ministry, mission, and movement on Valentine’s Day of last year (2016), and we are in awe of how it has grown, how YOU have partnered with us in this mission, and how the Lord has revived, renewed, and restored marriages around the world.
So first of all, THANK YOU! Thank you for joining the Beating50Percent community. Thank you for being an example of a covenant marriage. Thank you for seeking to have a better than average marriage and always give MORE to your spouse. Thank you for “staying ‘I do,'” not just “saying ‘I do.'”
Recapping our first year of Beating50Percent:
- 10k+ of you subscribe to our blog and read/share our posts
- 85k+ of you follow us on Instagram, and 41k+ of you follow us on Facebook
- Over 10k+ of you have shared your #weekendidos with us throughout the year
- 19K+ of you have posted photos of you and your loved one and shared bits of your love story, what marriage has taught/is teaching you, and how you are investing MORE into your marriage.
- 19k+ of you took our 7-Day Marriage Challenge!
- 45 of you shared your wedding vows with our community to inspire couples to focus on the promise as they prepare for their wedding day!
- 100 of you attended our first speaking event in Asheville, North Carolina!
- We got to meet a bunch of you at the “meet-ups” that we held in Nashville, TN and Asheville, NC!
- Thousands of you pre-ordered our Navigator’s Council Journal and will begin the journey of communicating, connecting, and growing in love through our 6 weekly questions/devotionals this year!
- One lucky couple won our giveaway and flew out to Bend, OR to spend the weekend with us talking about marriage, love, struggles, faith, balance, work, and life!
Thank you from the depths of our hearts for all of your support, advice, prayers, and feedback as we further this mission – the mission of transforming marriages into thriving covenants centered on Godliness and oneness.
We are even more passionate about Beating50Percent today than when we first started. We hope to be motivating marriages for decades as we carry out this mission that God has called us too.
When we launched Beating50Percent, Jer and I have vowed that we would be honest and transparent about our own marriage – our struggles, victories, growth, disagreements, dreams, and what we continue to learn as we seek God and seek each other. And this year has not been void of challenges and HUGE learning curves.
Turns out launching a ministry, running a business with your husband, working together every day, and figuring out how to balance when to be co-workers and when to be husband and wife, is not exactly easy… We DO NOT claim to have this marriage thing all figured out, nor do we claim to be pros at working together and running a business as a married couple…. but here are a few things we have learned as we reflect on this year in regards to marriage, work, balance, and oneness.
- We learned that I am an 8 on the Enneagram and Jer is a 5 (we learned A LOTTTT about each other through this)
- We learned to thank each other consistently for the little things
- Jer is learning how to be a better leader, and I am learning how to be a better follower
- We learned that we NEED to cover our marriage and ministry in prayer daily
- We learned what Peter meant in 1 Peter 3:13-17
- We learned the vital role that community plays in your marriage
- We learned that we needed to set boundaries for our phone usage
- We learned that we shouldn’t disagree with each other in public
- We learned that we shouldn’t work in our bedroom and especially not in our bed
- We learned the that we NEED to take breaks to play and laugh together or we will just talk about work all the time (Beating50Percent, AUJ POJ, Navigator’s Council, Pumpkin Season and Roloff Farms, and filming for LPBW)
- We learned the importance to taking a Sabbath and we also learned how hard it is to prioritize a set-aside day for REST – no working, no social media, no phones, no shopping, no to-do lists, no running errands, etc.
- We studied what the scriptures teach on marriage – in more depth than we ever have
- We learned how to communicate better through our weekly Navigator’s Council
- We learned the importance of being best friends not just great co-laborers
All these things we have learned, and we are continuing to learn. I don’t list them out to say that we have mastered them, but rather to share what God has been teaching us in this past year! We want to let you in on what we have been wrestling with, excited about, and growing in. Maybe you can relate to some of the things we’ve been learning?
As we head into another year of Beating50Percent we are dreaming some audacious dreams and can’t wait to see how they unfold! Some of our projects/ideas for the coming year include writing our first book, a him/hers devotional, a “vision retreat” (group vacation to learn, grow, and dream with your spouse) a “marriage camp” or conference in the PNW, and more Beating50Percent meet-ups in cities near you! We would love to know which of these things you would be most interested in, or if you have your own suggestion that you would like to offer!
If you have been following Beatin50Percent from the beginning, or for a long time, we would love to hear your feedback on how we can be a better resource for marriage! Please let us know in the comments or e-mailing us via our contact page!
If you’re new around here, we wanted to take a second to let you know what resources we currently have to offer, and how you can join the Beating50Percent community:
- Subscribe to our blog to receive our weekly posts via e-mail as well us other exclusive info (sign up below this post)
- Follow us on Instagram @beating50 Facebook @Beating50Percent Pinterest @Beating50Percent and Twitter @Beating50
- Share your “weekend ‘I do’s'” with us on Instagram. Every Monday, we feature 8 couples on our Instagram! All you have to do is post a photo of you and your spouse/fiance/boyfriend/girlfriend and in the caption let us know what the two of you are doing to spend quality time together! This is a great resource if you’re looking for date ideas too;) Simply tag your photos with #weekendidos
- Did you write your own wedding vows? If so, please consider submitting them >>HERE<< to be featured on the VOWS section of our blog. Engaged? This is a great place to look for vows inspiration to help you write your own promises!
- Tag your photos with #beating50percent and #stayingido
- Have a blog/passion for writing? Submit a guest blog post about something you have learned/are learning in your marriage and how you are Beating50Percent.
- Take our 7 Day Marriage Challenge!
- Pre-order your own Navigator’s Council Journal!!!
We hope you join the community and the mission!
THANK YOUUUUU to everyone who posted their #3sentencelovestory yesterday!!! We absolutely LOVE reading all of your love stories:) The winner of our giveaway will be announced on Instagram this Saturday!