Our thoughts on setting goals for the New Year…
Dream them, discern them, discipline them, and then do them!!!
When January 1st rolls around and we like to take a moment to reflect on where we’ve been, and where we are headed. For us, this looks like whipping out the good ole butcher paper and writing out our business, personal, financial, and spiritual goals for the year.
To start, we spend some time writing down all the things we hope to do, be, and achieve in the coming year. We write down our dreams, cravings, and desires. After we have spent some time word vomiting on our butcher paper, we like to ask each other where we want to be one year from today, and then discuss what steps we need to take to get there.
This is where setting goals comes into play…
Once we selected our priorities for the year, it became much clearer what needed to get
crossed off our list. The cross off part is just as important as the circling part. If you’re anything like us, you want to say yes to everything, but this only results in half a**ing everything…
Once you’ve set your goals, write them out somewhere where you will see them every day. Then tell them to a few other couples who you know will hold you accountable to them, and to making decisions that align with achieving those goals.
Join us in our simple New Years Resolution!
Will you join us in filling your minds and hearts with truth this year?!
Here are some of our suggestions for memorization:
- Write the verses on your bathroom mirror
- Put them on note cards and tape them to your car steering wheel or mirror/visor
- Practice saying them in bed to each other every night
- Text the verse to someone every day
- Call your husband for 5 minutes in the middle of the day to practice with each other
- Write it out in a notebook every day
- Write it on your hand or arm
- Open the Bible App on your phone and take a screenshot of the verse
- Take a photo of the verse written out and save it as your phone background on “lock screen” mode. Then tell yourself you will not open your phone until you’ve read the verse! (this is my favorite personal trick)
- Listen to the verse with the audio verse of the Bible app on your phone
- If you have kids, have them join you in this! Teaching them will actually help you memorize!
What are your 2017 goals and resolutions?