• I vow to seek your good before my own, and to love you without reserve
• I vow to respect you in public and in private and to submit myself to your leading
• I vow to make Christ the foundation on which I build my identity and find my joy and not to place that burden on you or our relationship
• I vow to pray for you, encourage you in your goals and dreams, and help guide you in becoming the man God is calling you to be
• I vow to love who you are today and each day as you grow and change. To observe you, get to know you, and fight to understand you. And with that, I vow to allow myself to be known by you.
• I vow to protect our marriage from outside influences, including work and kids, and to not flirt or desire the attention of other men
• When things get difficult or frustrating, I vow to fight the urge to complain to other people about you in particular or our marriage in general
• I vow to believe the best is yet to come, regardless of how good or bad things are today
• I vow to seek your forgiveness and reconciliation if I hurt you or fail you in any of these things
• By God’s grace and for His glory, I set my heart on you, and only you, for the rest of my life.
Today in front of these gathered witnesses, I commit myself to you.
I will love you, cherish you, and do all that I can to support you.
I vow to make you a priority. I will fight for you and for our relationship, against all distractions, whether work, our families, or regular life.
I will work to let the challenges we face cause us to grow together rather than apart.
I will pray for you often, imitate Christ’s humility toward you, and challenge you to be more surrendered to God’s sanctifying work in your life.
I vow to stick up for you, and to speak well of you in front of others.
I vow to be gentle and to not stifle your spirit, but to love and encourage the woman that God is creating you to be.
I will be quick to forgive you, and I will not be too proud to ask for forgiveness.
I will be faithful to you — in thought, in word, and in action — and I will guard my thoughts and my eyes against infidelity.
I will share everything that I have with you, and not seek my own will. I vow to give myself up for you, and love you as Christ loves his Church, wholly devoted and with selfless love.
8 • 5 • 2017